Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Three-many cooks bake a random "I've had worse" cake.

Sometimes, I feel like I am a crazy person with super silly ideas for fun. My love for cooking/baking/improvising with food happens to be one such quirk.
But yesterday, I found a couple of kindred souls!

So, I had gone to heat some hot chocolate at night yesterday, when I heard a lot of giggling coming from the common room. And the reason for all that laughter were two friends' attempt at baking a cake without using measuring cups and spoons. And for an amateur to not only attempt such a feat, but to get "I've had worse" reviews is quite a feat, let me assure you.

 After mentally dancing to have found not one, but two food aficionados in my hostel floor, I got to speaking with them, and realized they had a fancy to cook, so they had gone and bought the ingredients the same day itself. What's better than an amateur cook/baker, you ask? An impulsive one! Because, when you are impulsive, more often than not, you do not get to have all the ingredients mentioned for a recipe, and you end up improvising, and giving a dish your own unique touch.

I am not going to talk about the recipe, because I don't know much about what went into it. But this is how it looked.



We had slathered on a lot of melted milk chocolate and chocolate sauce on top, as is evident









And these are the two happy bakers- Medha and Aradhana.

  Here's hoping I will get to bake many more things with them in the next few months and learn many new recipes and tricks.
I did learn one new thing yesterday. Sprinkle a little granular sugar after your are almost done whisking the batter to get a little bit of crunchy goodness to your baking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment