Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Eggactly!

If you know me even remotely, you would know of my high fidelity with food, if nothing else. And after much procrastination, I finally have a food blog. The name "bromadeit" was coined by my roommate Vasu and deemed a funky blog title by another fellow foodie, Ishani, who is also the reason I cooked after a long time today.

I live in a hostel. So, obviously fancy cooking is out of question! All I have access to is a refrigerator, a microwave, a blender and an electric kettle. And I am going to try and make as many innovative food items with them as possible!

Today, I made two super easy egg recipes and discovered a neat trick too!

Recipe #1 Poached/ Boiled Eggs

So, a little youtube research will teach you an easy way to make poached eggs in the microwave. While trying it out today, I found out that a difference of about 20-40 seconds can turn the poached egg into a hard boiled egg, with the added benefit of not having to peel the shell! How neat is that?

To begin with, all you have to do is fill three quarters of a microwave safe cup with water and gently crack an egg into it.

  And then step 2- you microwave it. That's it. And depending on the time, you can have either a poached or a boiled egg. The minimum time to microwave is 1 minute, varying with the wattage of your machine.





















I don't think it get's any simpler than that, folk!

Recipe #2 - Oil Free Omelette

Another super easy, super fast recipe! Beat an egg, adding just a splash of milk to make the omelette fluffy. Add your favorite chopped vegetables (tomato, onion, capsicum, mushroom).

Sprinkle salt and pepper for seasoning. You can also add chilli flakes, oregano or any other spices depending on your taste. I picked up vegetables from the salad given in the mess. So, I didn't have to chop them myself! Beat the mixture some more, and then microwave it for a minute in a bowl or cup or plate.

If you are doing it in a bowl or cup, take it out after a minute and stir the half runny omelette so that the runny parts tough the edges of the container and microwave for another 20 seconds to get an oil free omelette.























So, those were the two egg recipes I tried out today, and they tasted pretty amazing, if I may say so myself.

Let me know if you have any easy egg recipes that can be made using just the microwave, or any other food related info. Would love to hear from fellow foodies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment