Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Own Article Table Stand

I haven't been able to experiment with food of late. So, today, the weather being so cold that you can neither stay out of the room for too long, nor really wish to cook, because the cold water numbs your hands when you are washing utensils, I decided to use one of the old Amazon boxes and make something out of it.

I had been watching a lot of DIY youtube videos, and I found these videos on how to use a cereal box as a magazine stand. It was pretty fascinating and overtly simple. Being inspired by those videos, here is my easy version of a cardboard stand which can be used to keep loose sheets of paper, journal articles (which I have in plentiful, being an M.Sc student) or even light magazines.
And the best part is, I didn't have to use glue to make the box, just an old pencil sharpened from both ends.

 And this took just 5 minutes. Cut out the cardboard. This was from a keyboard box. Sharpen the pencil, and piece the cardboard from both ends. That's it.

And to make it decorative, you have an array of options, starting from spray painting, to drawing, to making a collage.

Here's how my stand looked at my study table.




































So, there you go. What do you think about it? Ain't it easy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment