Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cake in a Mug!

Today I baked the fluffiest, spongiest cake in the history of my baking live. And though the sugar was a little less, I think I ended up masking it pretty well with copious amount of chocolate sauce!

This is how super awesome my Mug Cake looked!


And in terms of how easy it is, once you put it in the microwave, it's done in under 2 minutes at 600 Watts. The whisking does take a little time. But if you have all the ingredients handy, the mug cake will be ready in 15 minutes tops. How cool is that? Not only is it delicious, you end up saving a lot too for all the important things in life, like shoes, makeup, dresses, did I say shoes? :)

You need the basic cake ingredients, in lot less proportions. My ingredients were-

  • Flour- 2 tbspns
  • Sugar- 2.25 tbspns
  • Milk- 1 tbspns
  • Vegetable Oil- 1 tbspns
  • Baking Powder- 0.5 tbspns
  • Cocoa Powder- 2 tbspns
  • Egg- 1
  • Vanilla Essence - 0.25 tbspns
  • A pinch of Salt
The reason why I didn't go into teaspoons and tablespoons is because you can't afford to have too many spoons in the hostel room. I have one trusted spoon, and I hope all college students have the basic observation skills and knowledge of fractions to make do with just one spoon.


Step 1 is to mix all the dry ingredients. I didn't even use castor sugar for my cake mix. The regular granular sugar works just fine. I would suggest using a fork to beat the egg. Add all the wet ingredients after that, and whisk the mix well, till you see tiny bubbles forming.
Step 2 is to microwave the batter for 2 minutes and then dig in to satisfy your dessert craving without a pinch in the purse.



You do not have to use a separate bowl for whisking. Use the mug in which you want to bake the cake. There is also no need to grease it since you will be eating right out of the mug.

I was so excited to make a cake in the hostel for the first time that I didn't take too many photos. And once made, the cake finished so fast, I again didn't have too much time to click pics.

Do try it and let me know how it turned out. I will try to mix and match more flavors in the near future.


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment